Eagles Get Blown Out By 49ers

49ers: 42 Eagles: 19


The one post I wasn't looking to type. But here I am typing this, and I'm highly upset. Now before anyone gets on me, I know that it's almost impossible not to lose in this league. Yet this loss is something else and truly shows the Eagles weakness in a brighter light. Here are my thoughts on a game I thought would have been much closer than the score showed. 


Offense still struggling and play calling is not helping: 


Here we go again with the offense. It almost feels like every week that I've posted this season I've talked about the offense extensively. OC Brian Johnson is still failing at coming up with a good gameplan and his play calling is very questionable. This time I do want to put some pressure on Hurts as well. There were times that he had some time in the pocket to scan the field, yet he rolled out in situations he could've stood in the pocket. Yet the play calling and the gameplan didn't do much to help receivers get open, against a 49ers defense that we saw was resilient. But yet gave up big plays when the receivers were able to get open. Yes, I'll give some credit to the 49ers DB's, but I can't give them all the credit. 


There were plenty of times that the play calling made by Johnson handicapped the offense and didn't help the WR's to get open. Once again, the running game was non-existent. I really wonder what is going through Brian Johnson's head when calling these plays. A team cannot continue to run a play action pass if there is no running game that has been implemented. I'll be honest, I hope that Siriani watches this tape and has a talk with Brian Johnson. This cannot continue to happen. The Eagles need to get back to running the ball then go play action. Last year the Eagles were a beast in the running game. This year it's barely been alive, only in a few games. 


Defense once again staying to long out on the field: 


Don't get me wrong here, there was plenty wrong with the defense in this game. But I still want to shed a little bit of light and some understanding to the defense in a whole. The defense was on the field for far too long; the defense looked great in the first two quarters but then disappeared in the second half. Reason for this? Well just read the top part of this post and you will know (sarcasm). Outside of the fact the defense was out on the field for far too long. The DB's were garbage, they allowed way too many open catches. Along with the DB's allowing open catches it seemed like nobody on the defense could tackle. How many missed tackles did you count? 


Listen, I know there are many people that love Darius Slay and James Bradberry. But the truth is you can see their age now. They aren't at the top of their game or in their prime. I'm not saying they can't play. But what I am saying is that can't keep up with these younger receivers. For one I never been a big fan of James Bradberry. Yet the Eagles believed that he was an upgrade to whatever was available in the free agent market earlier this year. The truth is the Eagles did have options. Not many, but I would dare say better than Bradberry and younger. 


What's next for the Birds?

Well after this game prepare for many articles talking mad crap about the Eagles going into next week's game with the Cowboys. The truth is I have no idea what to expect. The Eagles have a great roster with some weaknesses in key positions like at DB, which I've talked about a lot on this page. Yet, the Philadelphia Eagles are a resilient team. All I want to see is the Eagles get back to the running game and not giving up so darn fast on it. So, we can make sure we are taking time off the clock and giving the defense the rest that they need to then go out and make plays. But that's something yet to be seen and I can only hope for. Also, a heads up I will be posting soon a post about possible OC that can replace Brian Johnson. So, stay tuned for that. 


Let's Go Birds! E-A-G-L-E-S! EAGLES!!!

Comments

Popular Posts