Possible CB's We Could Trade For?

So, remember in the last post how I talked about the DB's and how I felt about them? Well, here we are today. I decided to do a bit of research and find what corner backs we could possibly trade for if available and for the right price. Now I don't have many here about only 3. But there's a reason for it. I took into consideration big time on age and somewhat experience and past stats. So clearly there's a reason for picking them. Now I will say there were a couple to a few CB's I thought about that were in their 30's or over. But I excluded them because I want to think about the possible future of the player on the team. So, age is a big thing here. With all that said let's go ahead and dive in.


1.Kristian Fulton #26 - Tennessee Titans (Currently 3rd string/NKL) 4yrs Exp. 25 years old, 5'11 and 197lbs, College: LSU

This one here is the one that I'm very doubtful for and is probably just a pipe dream. But then again, this kind of makes sense. Fulton has good size and actually has played a bit in this league. Still very young at 25 a team probably wouldn't hesitate to give a multi-year contract. He was a second-round pick with a really good upside and honestly his stats really don't look too bad. Outside of that his film doesn't either. I would honestly say that he would definitely be an upgrade. And by the way we have to look into the future, yes, we have some young players. But what have they honestly shown us so far? This is a talent that has shown his talent and what he's capable of. I personally think he would fit in for sure. 

Here are some of his stats: 


 (Found on the Titans Website)


2.Greg Newsom II #0 - Cleveland Browns (2nd CB) 3yrs Exp. 23 years old, 6'0 and 192lbs, College: Northwestern

Another out of the box thinking here, being that he is a starter for the Browns. But my thought here may have some sense, yet for a cost that most Eagles fans may not like. The reality is, Newsom is a former first rounder and a starter for a reason. With his age only being at 23 he can be a long time Eagle if a trade was possible. His skill set works with what we have going over here. His height and talent would definitely boost the back end of our defense without a doubt. But at what possible cost? To get a starting player in this league we all know will cost almost any team a lot. Unless you're Denver getting rid of a player like Randy Gregory for little to nothing. And let's be honest here. It wasn't like he didn't have a lot left in the tank. But in case like this, to get a young starting player like Newsom we are talking a good price. 

What would I give up for a young talent like Newsom? Well, you may not like what I have to say but so be it. I would trade away Bradberry before Slay for one to clear some cap. I wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd round pick next year along with a 6th round the following year alongside Bradberry. To some that may be a lot, but keep in mind this was a former first round pick. As well he is a starter and has some experience in this league. Like I said I know it may be much to some, as well as almost completely impossible for something like this to happen. I'm just sharing my thoughts here. This would boost or back-end for sure as well.

Here are some of his stats:


(Found on the Browns Website)


3.Byron Murphy Jr. #7 - Minnesota Vikings (2nd CB) 5yrs Exp. 25 years old, 5'11 and 190lbs, College: Washington

Another young receiver with a good amount of experience in this league. Now with him would be a bit different here. Especially with how the Vikings have been looking so far this year just saying. I feel like the Vikings are probably going to end up having to rebuild on their defense and offense, with only some players like Jefferson staying put clearly. They haven't looked as good as they should have, and I know that's probably raising a lot of eyebrows. Are they going to move on from Kirk? If so, they are going to want to get as many draft picks as possible. Also, yes Byron just got a contract with the Vikings. But we've seen stranger things, remember Jay Ajayi? Yes, he didn't last long in the league after we had let him go and then resigned him for a bit. 

But remember when he got traded? He was a starting running back for the Dolphins. Who was still playing at a very high level. So, I don't want to rule out a possibility here. Though this possibility is another slim to none. Yet, I can dream, can't I? All in all, having a player like him would boost or cornerback play for sure. But what would it cost us? Who knows in this case if it were possible. 

Here are some of his stats:






Final Thoughts:

All in all, I believe we need to make some major changes with the cornerbacks. I know we have young players like Josh Jobe and Kelee Ringo (Rookie). Yet Jobe hasn't looked really good and has got beaten a lot. There's not much to say about Ringo at this point being that he is a rookie. But we have to be realistic right now and understand that Slay and Bradberry is possibly on the decline. Their age is a part of that reason and probably a big part at this point. All that said hopefully Howie makes some moves before the trade deadline. Looking forward to the rest of this season though. 

Let's Go Birds! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!


Comments

Popular Posts