Howie Looking For Answers? Julio Jones Signing

 So, this post I was actually working on before the Julio Jones signing was announced. So, it almost completely scrapped my idea entirely. But now that I think about it it's time to talk a bit more about the whole thing, and possibly go deeper into this conversation. 


Julio signing, what does it mean?



So, in a post that I will be posting soon I am talking about the injuries on this team. One of the injuries that I was talking about was Quez Watkins injury. Personally, I don't get the signing here. Yet I kind of do, we need depth and I think this is a depth chart move. Julio in his prime was basically unstoppable. His height and speed were something everybody loved. As well as his physical play. But the last few years that he's played in both Tennessee and Tampa weren't his best by far. That's to be expected though, he was heavily used in Atlanta and was their key player on offense for a long time. That is before they had drafted Calvin Ridley and then he became expendable. 

The truth is, that he is a talented receiver past his prime. I don't doubt that he offers the Eagles something. But what is it that really? I think he offers that additional veteran help in that receiver's room. As well as depth to it. With Quez Watkins out, who do we actually have outside of Zaccheaus? I think he will help the offense as best as he can. But I can see him be another AJ Brown at this point in his career. I think he's going to be a sure handed big-bodied receiver that when open and still hang onto the ball. And be almost a security blanket. Now the question is, will Jalen Hurts find him? Because with the weapons we have now. Hurts is having trouble spreading the ball. Yet maybe Jones' presence and veteran mentality can help Hurts as well. He has been in the league for a while and has played with a really good quarterback in Matt Ryan when they were in their prime. Who knows? Right? Well only time will tell.


Howie still looking for help?


We all know Howie normally loves digging into the trading block and looking for any potential trade. This year was a bit quite though till recently. After suffering so many injuries and our DB's not playing to the Eagles standard. I believe that Howie's hand was hard pressed to find some depth and help outside of our roster. Clearly that signing of Julio Jones is one indication. One that I think most of us Eagles fans didn't see at all. Now I know there's definitely some players out there on the trade block. Most importantly a Justin Simmons. Which a lot of people on X (Twitter) talked about a lot. Eagles' fans loving the idea of signing him. Yet he's been tied to other squads I think specifically to Greenbay. 

The thought of possibly signing warms my heart and would definitely be a welcome signing. My only question is, what are the Broncos wanting for him? And can we afford it? The reality is that we need help in the back end. And I can tell that Howie sees it as well. He knows that if the Eagles are planning a repeat to the big game. That they need help, and they need it fast. A depleted defense is not going to get us far. And Howie and the rest of the offense don't want to lose that possibility of getting there again. So be alert and pay attention to rumors. Because I wouldn't be surprised if we sign someone else or trade for someone else before the trade deadline. 


Let's Go Birds! E-A-G-L-E-S! EAGLES!

Comments

Popular Posts